Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pier Pizza

My part of the site is the homepage. I was really excited that I got to do this, but I am running into the problems that I was worried about. I'm finding I don't have control over everything that I would like, especially the headers. I think it's because of the template we're using, but I can't change anything like size, font, color, or alignment on the page header or the subhead. Since this is happening and I couldn't change any of it, the "Pier PIzza Company" header looked terrible with the logo to the left of it. Instead of leaving it like this, I moved the logo to the bottom of the navigation on the left. The logo and header were rather redundant anyway, so it seems to work better like this. Also, I've found that there isn't much information left for me to include on the homepage that other group members haven't already put on their pages.
All in all, I feel like there is a lot I can't do, and I'd like to have more control over the page. I'm used to photoshop, pagemaker, and indesign where I can control every little thing. I'm doing my best to follow the guidelines that I know from being an editor as well as those form the book, but it's tough to follow things like alignment and proximity when GoogleSites doesn't let me move elements. I'd like to move move all the elements on the homepage up towards the header, move everything under "welcome" up and make "welcome" bigger, move the picture so that it's flush left and the body copy so that it's flush left closer the the picture. These are all things that I do not have control over that are only where they are because that is the best option I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment